Cross Cultural Grant
CALL FOR APPLICATION: 2023-2024 Cross-Cultural Chinese Language Education Grants
CBC’s signature initiative is its Cross-Cultural Chinese Language Education Grants program designed to enhance cross-cultural communication and Chinese language skills throughout K-12 schools in the United States.
Cross-Cultural Chinese Language Education Grants aim to support K-12 schools to establish or enhance preexisting Chinese language teaching programs.
The grants can be used for
– teaching materials,
– technology tools,
– assessment tests administration,
– extracurricular activities,
– teachers’ professional development, and
– cultural immersive appreciation experiences
during the academic year of 2024 (August 2023 – July 2024).
Any K-12 school in the United States, public, private, or charter, with a strong commitment to developing robust Chinese language education, is eligible to apply.
Community colleges or four-years universities can apply too.
Up to $10,000 for each awarding school.
The approval for funding rewards is on rolling basis in general. However, we strongly recommend applications to be submitted by Friday, August 25, 2023 to fulfill full amount award requirement.
The review process may take up to three weeks after the full application proposal is received.
Awardees are required to
- sign an agreement with CBC to ensure the responsibilities of each party;
- demonstrate how the grant was used to develop and enhance its Chinese language program;
- conduct a thorough evaluation of how the grant has contributed to supporting student learning and growth; and
- assist and facilitate CBC’s post-grant survey evaluation.
Awardees are strongly encouraged to use either the HSK and/or YCT Chinese language proficiency exam as part of the test tools for assessing student learning outcomes.
How to Apply
Each application must include:
- a 2–3-page proposal including
a description of the school;
goals, operations, structure, and accomplishments of the Chinese language teaching program;
local demand for learning the Chinese language; and
a full budget of grant spending (list of the individual expenses and a brief explanation of each expense).
- a supporting letter from the head of school (principal) articulating the commitment to Chinese language teaching and learning; and
- filled and signed the application form.
Please email the completed application to CBC@CBC-EDUCATION.ORG